Thursday, October 05, 2006

one month

munchkin

So, young man, you've been around for a month now. Your eyes are open more than usual and you still like exercising your lungs. You seem to sleep quite a bit and according to your mamma you're getting better at sleeping at night time, but I'll let her write about that stuff. You're pretty strong for such a wee thing and are getting more neck muscle tone, although you still can't really hold your head up for too long.

Your mamma has been taking you to mother and baby groups [again, I'll let her write about them] and on Wednesday I met up with you guys in Hammersmith after one. You were wearing a retro orange towelling jumpsuit... totally the sort of thing we would have worn as 80s babies. Brilliant. Your mum came in, parked the buggy and had to run off to the bathroom. "If he wakes up and starts wailing, just pick him up."

Of course, as soon as she'd rounded the corner to the bathrooms, you woke up - loudly - so I gave you a cuddle, and right in the middle of screaming [no tears, which always makes me laugh. Just plain old wailing] you fell asleep, crazy boy. We had drinks and cakes and you slept most of the time in my arms, then my tardy sister eventually turned up and you woke up some and started grousing for food [but were stuck with a dummy, sorry].

Last weekend me and your mum went for lunch at Giraffe - your first restaurant visit! You were very good and slept the whole time. Once we'd paid the bill, we took it turns to go to the bathroom and while your mum was gone the people at the table next to us - who couldn't stop looking at you - started talking to me about you, asking questions, and I got all proud and show-offy. You bring that out in me. The amount of random people I'm like "that's my godson!" to, thrusting various photos in their faces... But look how gorgeous you are. Can't really blame me, can you??


tayo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home